|COURSE DESCRIPTION: Crunch time for your payroll department is just around the corner. The year-end close is approaching fast and 2011 was littered with new rules and compliance issues that must be met.
Is your team ready? Do they have the facts they need to navigate the complexities of closing out this year and preparing for 2012? Are they completely up to speed on reconciling, calculating, and producing year-end forms in compliance with both federal and state agencies? Are they prepared for the changes to come?
If your payroll staff is like most, some expert guidance would be welcome. That’s why you’re invited to this 60-minute program with payroll guru Vicki M. Lambert. She’ll bring her 30 years of multi-state experience to the table to help you prepare for the coming payroll processing year-end storm.
This must-attend event will cover:
- Why you cannot use “magnetic media” in 2011 to submit to SSA -- but may have to use it to submit to the state
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits and more.
- How to use the required year-end notice to update your employees for the coming year
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year end including action item check lists for Form W-2, Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data
- Taxation of fringe benefits at year end including awards and prizes, moving expenses, personal use of company cars and gift certificates
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2011
- Review of filing deadlines
- 2012 changes to Form W-2 including the Affordable Health Care Act
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Vicki M. Lambert, CPP “The Payroll Advisor” is Founder and Director of www.thepayrolladvisor.com a website that provides unique and expert services for lawmakers, attorneys, media organizations, businesses, individuals or any entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities of the payroll process.
Ms. Lambert has a Bachelor’s degree, Magna Cum Laude in Business Administration and is a Certified Payroll Professional with over 30 years of multi-state payroll experience.
Ms. Lambert has lectured extensively throughout the United States on payroll administration and compliance issues for clients that include ADP, CCH Incorporated, Ceridian Employer Services, Fox Studios, County of Riverside, Sun Microsystems and others. She has authored, co-authored or edited numerous payroll publications and newsletters.
HRCI CERTIFICATION: This program has been approved for 1.0 recertification credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage.
MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: We're so confident you'll get what you want out of this conference that we'll refund your full fee if you’re not satisfied. It's risk-free.