Note: It is recommended that you participate in the web portion of the event to receive the most benefit, as our speaker will be working within PowerPoint.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: How much time do you waste analyzing and manipulating data in Excel 2003 & 2007? If you don’t know how to use Pivot Tables, a lot!
And it’s unnecessary because although Pivot Tables sound a little intimidating, they aren’t difficult to use. A Pivot Table is Excel’s premier analytical tool – the ideal feature for quickly creating summary information that you can easily manipulate with drag-and-drop techniques to show multiple levels of totals in a variety of layouts.
With a Pivot Table, you have great flexibility:
- compare multiple field summary contents
- change row/column layouts
- sort and filter results
- perform ad hoc grouping of information
- drill down to see the details behind the summary
- categorize date/time data in multiple levels
In addition, the companion Pivot Chart feature gives you a complementary visual display tool. Any Excel user who maintains data in a database structure invariably needs to analyze that data; Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts provide that capability with speed and ease. This session explores all of these capabilities, emphasizing how quickly you can analyze even huge amounts of data.
Excel users who need to analyze database-like data can only go so far with sorting, filtering, and inserting subtotals. They need ways to create multiple totals in columns and rows and have the capability to interchange these fields, add other fields, sort results without using lengthy command sequences and creating complicated formulas. Attendees will see how a Pivot Table gives them all of these capabilities plus dozens more display and manipulation features.
- Learn the fastest way to create a Pivot Table – three mouse clicks, a couple of mouse drags and you’ve got a viable Pivot Table
- Learn the concept of drill-down to instantly see the detail records that comprise a summary total
- Learn how to sort Pivot Table data based on field name or content without lengthy command sequences
- Learn how to analyze date data by month, quarter, or year
- Enhance your display with a Pivot Chart and manipulate its display in ways not possible with other Excel charts
- Learn how to group data spontaneously to reveal new summary information not in the source data
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: Dennis Taylor is an author and highly respected computer trainer and facilitator, specializing in Excel. His focus is on those spreadsheet and database techniques that improve business efficiency and productivity. Dennis has over 20 years of training and consulting experience. A former employee of Amoco Oil, Levi Strauss, StorageTek, the Federal Government, and the University of Colorado, he has taught nearly 4,000 seminars and classes for over 100 companies, organizations, and government agencies.
Dennis is the author of “Teach Yourself Microsoft Excel 2000” and co-author of four other books on spreadsheet software. He has developed and presented specialized Excel courses (Tips and Tricks, Database Features, Advanced Formulas and Functions) to many clients over the past 20 years. In addition, Mr. Taylor has authored and presented over 50 different training courses on Excel topics (available on DVD/CD/VHS formats) and has presented numerous webinars to thousands of attendees.
MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: We're so confident you'll get what you want out of this conference that we'll refund your full fee if you’re not satisfied. It's risk-free.