Give your managers and supervisors the leadership training they need ... in the fast, easy-to-use format they want
This comprehensive leadership pack includes:
- Performance Talk: Conversations That Get Your People to Goal
- Salary Talk: How to Discuss Pay So Employees Feel They're Treated Fairly
- The Essentials of Navigating Difficult Conversations With Employees
The "Ready-Set-Go!" format is the most convenient training you'll ever use. Just pop the CD-ROM into a computer and the program will run itself. Each program comes complete with a professionally narrated Audio PowerPoint presentation, a Discussion Guide filled with questions, and program handouts to reinforce the learning and make it relevant, actionable, and real-world.
The details on each program ...
Program 1: Performance Talk: Conversations That Get Your People to Goal
When managers fail to deliver frequent, effective "performance talks," employees don’t know what’s expected of them. They don’t know how well they’re doing. They don’t know how to get the results your organization needs. Sooner or later, top performers become frustrated and leave. Good performers begin to slide toward trouble. And underperformers stay their course.
Fortunately, managers and supervisors can develop the skills and confidence needed to deliver on-target performance talks that get results. This program will show them how to get it done.
In this presentation, viewers will learn how to:
- Get results using the “Three A’s” – the key elements of effective performance talk
- Make the most of “teachable moments”
- Avoid the five pitfalls that sabotage performance conversations
- Sidestep the number-one manager’s mistake that drives
- employees crazy
Plus, you’ll get specific ideas for handling the eight performance
situations that every manager will face – including, how to deal with problem employees, how to help good employees do better, and how to keep your top performers motivated.
Program 2: Salary Talk: How to Discuss Pay So Employees Feel They're Treated Fairly
Most managers hate discussing salary with employees. Why, because money is THE most emotional topic in the workplace and conversations about pay can get uncomfortable, even ugly.
The good news is that there’s a way to talk about money without the drama, tension or destructive emotions. The secrets to mastering salary discussions are covered in this Ready-Set-Go program.
You’ll learn how to:
- Drain the emotion from salary discussions by helping employees see the objective truth about pay
- Answer the 8 hardest questions employees ask about salary
- Dispel the myth the good performance always equals a big raise
- Use “Compa-Ratio” to establish salary levels that work for both the organization and the employee
- Prevent workers from decreasing their effort when they can’t increase their pay
- Manage expectations about “salary reality” – which can have a tremendous positive impact on morale, productivity and retention
Program 3: The Essentials of Navigating Difficult Conversations With Employees
Managers must be prepared to have difficult, even uncomfortable, conversations with employees. It goes with the territory. However, too many mangers practice avoidance, and it’s usually because they lack the skills necessary to handle confrontation -- causing problems to fester and their credibility to suffer. This Ready-Set-Go Training Program will help.
Viewers will learn:
- The five keys to navigating difficult conversations
- The three biggest mistakes managers make when engaged in a difficult conversation
- What beliefs and assumptions often get in the way when
- managers conduct difficult conversations
- How to handle predictable resistance from employees
- How to communicate more clearly and drastically reduce misunderstandings
- How to pave the way for 2-way dialogue rather then lectures and disagreement
- Assertiveness skills to help managers express facts and opinions honestly and directly